How do we brighten up a long, dreary winter? A new product launch!
At the end of last month, ARK Skincare announced the launch of two new night treatment formulations. After extensive research and testing, we are thrilled to be able to share these new additions to our range.
A night cream formulated for those in their 30’s and 40’s
With active ingredients to aid the natural repair process that occurs when we sleep, and to combat the signs of everyday stress which tends to be at its peak at this age.
The formulation supports the skin’s natural defence system through its enhanced antioxidant and free radical scavenger activity. This in turn helps reduce the appearance of skin aging and wrinkle formation. The advanced delivery system helps to deliver coenzyme Q10 to deeper skin layers, increasing this active ingredient's bioavailability. Ingredients include anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties to help with rosacea and acne; detoxifying properties to help repair dull tired skin; conditioning agents to hydrate and relieve dryness whilst boosting elasticity; and protective properties to help with over sensitized skin. In addition an anti-fatigue and radiance promoter is included to promote a visible reduction of dark circles, under eye bags, dull complexion and drawn features. Key ingredients: Coenzyme Q10, Kiwi Seed Oil; Passionfruit Seed Oil; Shea Butter; Vitamin E; Vitamin A Palmitate; Crodarom Blue Lotus; Prodizia. 97.55% natural. Suitable for vegans.
A night cream formulated for those 50 onwards
Rejuvenates tired, damaged skin whilst you sleep. Bioactive ingredients tone, re-densify, and regenerate skin whilst improving the natural barrier function and diminishing the visible signs of ageing.
Includes a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger which acts to stimulate the production of collagen and increase skin firmness. Aims to reduce inflammation, and to repair dry or damaged skin by improving hydration and suppleness. Includes an energizing cocktail of vitamins and minerals to detoxify and revitalize the appearance of skin. May be use around the eye area to improve the appearance of wrinkles and includes ingredients to reduce the signs of fatigue such as dark circles and under eye bags. Key ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Blackcurrant seed Oil, Borage Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Vitamin E, Goji, Reforcyl. 97.96% natural. Suitable for vegans.
Here's what our team at head office had to say:
Our brand new night treatments can be purchased here.
Stephanie Pratt was seen in 'The Hills: New Beginnings' using ARK Skincare's Radiance Serum to get ready for a night out in Vegas, July 2019.
The Radiance Serum is one for glow-seekers like Stephanie Pratt. Our Radiance Serum will brighten, soothe, hydrate and illuminate skin for a radiant dewy look in an instant. Helps reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation. Stephanie Pratt adds a few drops to her foundation for that extra glow.
Shop our Radiance Serum HERE now
* * * *
All of our products are Unisex! Boy Does Beauty tried out our Vitality Hand & Body Wash and our Age Defend Conditioning Cleanser and here is what he thought; 'The body wash...is great for sensitive skin and especially people with eczema prone skin like mine! It contains vitamin B5 and aimino acids. This product for me is divine!!!...The scent is 100% natural and makes me want to stay in the shower all morning.'
'The conditioning cleanser is next on my list, this for me is beautiful! I was sold by reading the ingredients! It contains moringa oil which is rich in Vitamin A and C and gently removes make-up and grime while ensuring skin retains essential moisture. Also soothes redness and inflammation!'
* * * *
Feeling flushed? Suffering from persistent redness? It may be rosacea, which is more common than you think. It is, unfortunately, not something you can cure, but you may like to try our top tips for keeping it under control.
- Protect your skin from damaging UV rays. UV rays are the number one cause of rosacea flare ups. Use a broad spectrum good quality facial SPF (have you tried ours) all year round. In high summer use a hat and stay out of direct sunlight.
- Keep a food diary. Diet can have a huge impact on rosacea. Whilst it is not the only cause, controlling the intake of the foods which are thought to lead to flare ups can help keep redness under control. Common triggers are spicy food, alcohol, and caffeine but each person will have unique triggers they should avoid. Keep a food diary and note the appearance of your skin each day, or consider intolerance testing, which may identify foods you should avoid.
- Consider the environment around you. Extremes of temperature and pollution can aggravate rosacea. Hot weather, cold winds, high humidity, and urban pollution can all be problematic. Keep cool, avoid steam, wrap up against cold winds, and protect from pollution.
- Manage stress levels. Stress is known to exaggerate skin concerns. Use stress management strategies and take care of your whole self. Sleep, eat well, exercise, and consider including meditation or breathing exercises in your daily routine. All will help.
- Keep well. Being unwell can show on your skin. Fever, coughs and colds, high blood pressure, and serious illness can cause rosacea to flare up. Occasionally long term medication can affect the sensitivity of your skin. If you take medication and suffer from redness discuss it with your GP and explore alternatives. Consider taking multivitamins to keep well especially those with vitamin C and Zinc.
- Wash your make up brushes. In an independent survey of 1000 people 44% said they had never cleaned their make up brushes! Several studies have shown that make up brushes can be contaminated with dangerously high levels of bacteria, and in some cases carried more bacteria than was found on a loo brush! Clean those brushes to prevent skin irritations and redness flare ups.
- Go make up free. Consider having a break from make up and see if your redness comes down. Some ingredients in cosmetics can cause irritation. If you have a break from make up and your skin improves reintroduce your products one by one to see which ones cause a flare up. You may be able to identify key ingredients to avoid.
- Avoid scent. Scent can be a major cause of skin irritation. Stop using perfumes and avoid facial, body, and bath products that are highly scented. Even some essential oils can be irritating to the skin.
- Alter your exercise routine. Exercise is reported by many rosacea sufferers as a cause of flare ups. But don’t stop exercising! It is essential to your stress management and overall wellbeing. Instead alter the way you exercise. Consider short blasts of high intensity work outs rather than prolonged sessions. Avoid working out in a stuffy hot room, but instead make sure the gym is well ventilated and ideally air conditioned. Try using a beauty mist to keep cool during classes. Try swimming. AND always keep hydrated. It is essential to keep your water consumption up.
- Skincare. Products can help, but choose carefully. Use products which are free from known irritants. Avoid highly scented products and make sure you select those suited to sensitive skins. Keep your routine simple – “less is more” – and do not chop and change your products or over stimulate your skin. When applying products be gentle. Do not rub your face, or use harsh exfoliators or scrubs, and when cleansing with water avoid extremes of temperature - use hand warm water and a soft cloth. Resist the temptation to wash you face when in a power shower. The strong jets can cause sensitivity and redness to flare. Seek advice as to the best products for you. Our soothing Anti-Redness Serum contains a botanical complex clinically proven to calm and protect sensitive, and regularly receives 5 star reviews, you can find our more about it here: https://www.arkskincare.com/collections/serums-treatments/products/anti-redness-skinresponse-serum-30ml?variant=1437008961#reviews
Controlling rosacea involves looking at all aspects of your lifestyle. Follow these tips to help keep your skin calm. Don’t be disheartened or allow it to upset you. You are not alone. In fact you are in good company with film stars, princes, and presidents reportedly suffering.
Pixiwoo's latest Blog Post is all about our Massaging Body Brush and Body Beautiful Conditioning Oil. They provide top tips on how to use the products and explains why they're a must have to your beauty regime.
"The body beautiful conditioning oil smells like a spa, it’s amazing and instantly promotes a sense of calm and relaxation. It’s multi purpose and can be used as a moisturiser all over the body, as a massage oil or on the tips of your hair to treat fly away or split ends."
Order Our Massaging Body Brush and Conditioning Oil now:
* * *
Check out AlbertineSarah Blog and read the full article at;
We're delighted to see our Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover featuring in Elle.com's article about double cleansing. Ellle.com says:
A quick once over with micellar water simply won't cut it. This is why you need to jump on board the double cleansing bandwagon.
A quick go with a face wipe will do nothing to properly dislodge foundation and pollution particles, and if all of that is left on your skin overnight, you aren't giving your skin cells the best chance at regenerating which means no plump, youthful complexion for you.
And ARK's Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover was given a glowing review:
Not even waterproof mascara will win against ARK's clever Pre-Cleanse. Omega 3,6 and 9 melt make-up without stripping the skin, while grape seed and avocado oil lend and intense hit of nourishment.
Shop now: ARKPreCleanserMakeupRemover
We are excited to announce the opening of ARK's first Skincare Boutique.
Visit us and view our whole product range and receive expert advice in a beautiful, tranquil environment.
We offer a free skin prescription service, we will talk you though the range and identify which products will help you the most, with no obligation to buy.
You'll find us at the top the the High Street - ARK Skincare, 14a High Street, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2JE.