Trona from Ayelined wrote a blog post all about her favourite primers. "I previously wasn’t a huge fan of primer. I never liked the slippery silicone feel on my skin. But recently primers have got much better. They don’t feel as heavy or slippy anymore. I especially appreciate them a bit more now I’m getting older. A good primer can help makeup look smoother and last longer. I’m reviewing a selection of some of my recent favourite primers."
This included our ARK Skincare Skin Protector SPF30 Primer ! "If you’re looking for a natural, high end primer that is super multi-tasking ARK Skin Protector SPF 30 Primer* is the one for you! This award-winning primer feels luxurious and is definitely a more refined, sophisticated formula than the previous primers I’ve mentioned (which is reflected in its price tag). My skin feels smoother, brighter and hydrated after applying this primer SPF.
Makeup goes on easily over the top and lasts a bit longer than usual. What I like most about ARK Skin Protector though is how fresh my skin looks after application plus the SPF protection is a winner for me. "
Alex Grace posted an instagram reviewing our award winning SPF30 Primer.
"Two beauty statements I really stand by are... you should wear a broad-spectrum SPF daily (even on a cloudy day) and makeup lasts longer with primer.
I know these things, but despite my best efforts I hadn’t managed to find an SPF that didn’t overwhelm my skin or a primer that didn’t clog my pores and cause breakouts.
That was until @arkskincare kindly sent me their Skin Protector SPF30 primer to try. It’s a broad spectrum SPF & makeup primer in one! I’m honestly very impressed with it. I’ve written all about why I like it so much in my latest post (available by clicking the latest post button in my bio) if you’ve got 2 minutes why not pop across for a read?
Do you SPF daily or a primer? What do you use? Does it work for you? "
* * *
Read the full blog post HERE
Shop the SPF30 Primer HERE
"This skin protecting primer SPF30 from Ark Skincare has been part of my everyday routine for a good few months now and I absolutely love it. The formula makes it easy to love, it isn't as heavy as a cream but it does have a slightly thicker texture than your average serum and when applied to the skin, it feels weightless but is quite refreshing."
"For me, how a product feels on my skin when I apply it is important. I really don't like overly thick cream or serum, unless my skin is so dry and flaky that I feel it needs extra love and care. As this is a primer which ticks more than one box, it doesn't have that silicone-like feel to it when it is on the skin, the tacky feeling after the application is totally absent. I like that I can use this as a moisturiser, a primer and as a bit of protection for my skin and it can be worn alone or under your makeup."
"Having mentioned that Ark Skincare uses some pretty amazing ingredients, this Primer is no different, included you will find:
Vitamin E – antioxidant and provides photoprotection
Shea Butter – nourishes skin and protects from free radicals
Sunflower – packed with vitamins and minerals
Hyaluronic Acid – helps skin retain moisture keeping your complexion plump, smooth and radiant
I have been wearing this primer alongside a tinted moisturiser and a BB cream, both of which glide straight onto my skin without slipping partway through the day. I have combination oily skin, so a primer is a must for me if I want to do the absolute best I can at avoiding that afternoon slip and shine."
* * * *
Shop our SPF30 Primer HERE
Read the full blog post HERE
Roxie from The Beautiful Bluebird wrote a blog post all about our SPF30 Primer.
Feeling flushed? Suffering from persistent redness? It may be rosacea, which is more common than you think. It is, unfortunately, not something you can cure, but you may like to try our top tips for keeping it under control.
- Protect your skin from damaging UV rays. UV rays are the number one cause of rosacea flare ups. Use a broad spectrum good quality facial SPF (have you tried ours) all year round. In high summer use a hat and stay out of direct sunlight.
- Keep a food diary. Diet can have a huge impact on rosacea. Whilst it is not the only cause, controlling the intake of the foods which are thought to lead to flare ups can help keep redness under control. Common triggers are spicy food, alcohol, and caffeine but each person will have unique triggers they should avoid. Keep a food diary and note the appearance of your skin each day, or consider intolerance testing, which may identify foods you should avoid.
- Consider the environment around you. Extremes of temperature and pollution can aggravate rosacea. Hot weather, cold winds, high humidity, and urban pollution can all be problematic. Keep cool, avoid steam, wrap up against cold winds, and protect from pollution.
- Manage stress levels. Stress is known to exaggerate skin concerns. Use stress management strategies and take care of your whole self. Sleep, eat well, exercise, and consider including meditation or breathing exercises in your daily routine. All will help.
- Keep well. Being unwell can show on your skin. Fever, coughs and colds, high blood pressure, and serious illness can cause rosacea to flare up. Occasionally long term medication can affect the sensitivity of your skin. If you take medication and suffer from redness discuss it with your GP and explore alternatives. Consider taking multivitamins to keep well especially those with vitamin C and Zinc.
- Wash your make up brushes. In an independent survey of 1000 people 44% said they had never cleaned their make up brushes! Several studies have shown that make up brushes can be contaminated with dangerously high levels of bacteria, and in some cases carried more bacteria than was found on a loo brush! Clean those brushes to prevent skin irritations and redness flare ups.
- Go make up free. Consider having a break from make up and see if your redness comes down. Some ingredients in cosmetics can cause irritation. If you have a break from make up and your skin improves reintroduce your products one by one to see which ones cause a flare up. You may be able to identify key ingredients to avoid.
- Avoid scent. Scent can be a major cause of skin irritation. Stop using perfumes and avoid facial, body, and bath products that are highly scented. Even some essential oils can be irritating to the skin.
- Alter your exercise routine. Exercise is reported by many rosacea sufferers as a cause of flare ups. But don’t stop exercising! It is essential to your stress management and overall wellbeing. Instead alter the way you exercise. Consider short blasts of high intensity work outs rather than prolonged sessions. Avoid working out in a stuffy hot room, but instead make sure the gym is well ventilated and ideally air conditioned. Try using a beauty mist to keep cool during classes. Try swimming. AND always keep hydrated. It is essential to keep your water consumption up.
- Skincare. Products can help, but choose carefully. Use products which are free from known irritants. Avoid highly scented products and make sure you select those suited to sensitive skins. Keep your routine simple – “less is more” – and do not chop and change your products or over stimulate your skin. When applying products be gentle. Do not rub your face, or use harsh exfoliators or scrubs, and when cleansing with water avoid extremes of temperature - use hand warm water and a soft cloth. Resist the temptation to wash you face when in a power shower. The strong jets can cause sensitivity and redness to flare. Seek advice as to the best products for you. Our soothing Anti-Redness Serum contains a botanical complex clinically proven to calm and protect sensitive, and regularly receives 5 star reviews, you can find our more about it here: https://www.arkskincare.com/collections/serums-treatments/products/anti-redness-skinresponse-serum-30ml?variant=1437008961#reviews
Controlling rosacea involves looking at all aspects of your lifestyle. Follow these tips to help keep your skin calm. Don’t be disheartened or allow it to upset you. You are not alone. In fact you are in good company with film stars, princes, and presidents reportedly suffering.
So, the sun was short-lived! Time to put the flip flops and sunscreen away again? Wrong! Keep that SPF protection to hand. You still need it.
What is SPF Protection? We are all constantly told to use it. But why do we need it and how does it work?
We are all aware that over exposure to the sun can be harmful. Skin diseases, cancers, and photo-ageing are increasing around the world, and we need to protect against the sun's damaging rays which cause this with broad spectrum protection. Having broad spectrum protection means we are protected against both UVB (burning) and UVA (ageing) rays. Did you know, UVA rays are not susceptible to seasonal variations and are a threat all year round? They can even penetrate glass, so skin should still be protected when indoors near a window or in the car, or on a train.
What is the best way to protect ourselves? There are two types of protection. Physical and chemical.
Physical sunscreens contain active mineral ingredients which work by sitting on top of the skin (often giving the skin a white appearance) to deflect and scatter damaging UV rays away from the skin. They are effective at protecting against UVB rays however, they can not protect against the full spectrum of rays.
Chemical sunscreens work by absorbing the sun's rays (and converting them to heat) and offer full protection against the whole spectrum of damaging UVA and UVB rays. They tend to be lighter in texture than physical SPF products, and do not block pores or cause breakouts, so are often preferred as an everyday solution.
Which approach does ARK Skincare take?
ARK Skincare's Skin Protector SPF30 Primer is classified as a chemical SPF. We chose this route as we believe it is very important to offer a product with broad spectrum protection. The award winning formula contains protection against sun damage and associated premature ageing. It is a beautifully light weight moisturiser which offers a great base for make up and is easily adapted to your everyday routine. Whilst the formulation contains the necessary chemical compounds to offer effective protection, it is still 64.84% natural as it contains active naturals to hydrate, offer antioxidant protection, and provide a silky smooth luminous finish to the skin.
There are a lot of skin protection options available, and you can read more on the pros and cons of different sunscreens here. The choice is yours. But whatever you decide, make sure you use a broad spectrum SPF daily, whatever the weather.
Pixiwoo's latest Blog Post is all about our Massaging Body Brush and Body Beautiful Conditioning Oil. They provide top tips on how to use the products and explains why they're a must have to your beauty regime.
"The body beautiful conditioning oil smells like a spa, it’s amazing and instantly promotes a sense of calm and relaxation. It’s multi purpose and can be used as a moisturiser all over the body, as a massage oil or on the tips of your hair to treat fly away or split ends."
Order Our Massaging Body Brush and Conditioning Oil now:
* * *
Check out AlbertineSarah Blog and read the full article at;
- Best Skincare for over 45s
- Best Skincare for over 50s
- Best Skincare product for over 50s - Age Defy Nourishing Moisturiser
- Best All in one cleanser - Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover
- Best Primer - Skin Protector SPF 30 Primer
- 2017 Editor's Choice Awards - Age Defy Nourishing Moisturiser AND Regenerating Skin Defence
I find it tough to find products that can do a bit of everything. Make your makeup last, protect your skin, make you glow and also make you look flawless all at the same time.
ARK Skincare very kindly sent me their Award Winning Skin Protector SPF 30 Primer and it made me incredibly happy. All opinions are my own and very honest. I had previously spoke to them at a blogging event and heard all about their award winning products that can help with many skin concerns all at once.
Not only does it give you a flawless finish and hydrate your skin for a natural glow, it protects your skin against UVA and UVB rays to prevent sun damage and premature ageing. I find that my makeup glides on effortlessly after applying just a very small amount, and also helps to blur any blemishes that I’m dealing with.
It’s lightweight formula feels very natural and helps your skin breath, even with makeup on. Due to its light formula it gives your skin a dewy finish depending on the foundation you choose to use. I tend to use medium coverage dewy foundations, but it also works incredibly well with matte finishes as it keeps your skin hydrated. I’ve also used just this without applying any face makeup and it made such a difference to brighten up my skin.
I will most definitely be using this more and more when the weather brightens up and for my summer travels due to its SPF formulation – who wants premature ageing, right? RRP £36.00.
What’s your primer pick at the minute?