This range includes six targeted serums; Hydrating Serum, Clearing Serum, Firming Serum, Radiance Serum & De-Stress Serum. Along with our Triple Action Exfoliator and Hydration Injection Masque and Regenerating Skin Defence.
Introducing a serum into your skincare routine can be highly effective. Either add a few drops into your moisturiser or apply to targeted areas of concern. See our chart below to work out which serum which work best for you!
In addition, try our Hydration Injection Masque - An intensive multivitamin masque to quench skin, plump wrinkles and restore vibrancy. This rejuvenating treatment masque is the ideal weekly pick me up for skin which looks tired, stressed or lacking in radiance. Vegan friendly.
Moreover, our Triple Action Exfoliator is an innovative triple effect exfoliator with physical, fruit acid and enzymatic action to create exceptionally smooth skin. The AHA blend acts as an Alpha-Hydrox Acid Peel or an enzyme peel as well as the added benefits from physical exfoliation by Bamboo micro particles. Skin is left feeling exquisitely smooth and fine lines and scars are diminished, also Vegan friendly.
* * * *
Shop the full Skin Perfector range HERE
Do you suffer from redness and facial flushing? Does it get you down, make you feel less confident, or even make you hide away? Do you find you feel like you need to use lots of make up to disguise it?
We are often asked how to help irritated skin, and to treat conditions such as Rosacea. Rosacea is a topic we have addressed in newsletters and blogs before, but since it is such a common concern, with millions of people suffering from it, we have decided to put together a guide. We hope this guide will help to explain the symptoms, and causes of Rosacea, and suggest tips which could reduce it. You may also wish to to view our full collection of skincare products design to soothe red skin by clicking here.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea often begins with a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people. The redness can slowly spread beyond the nose and cheeks to the forehead and chin. Even the ears, chest, and back can be red all the time. But Rosacea can cause more than redness with many other associated signs and symptoms such as broken capillaries, acne, thickening of the skin, burning or stinging, and even eye irritations. You can read more about the different classifications of Rosacea here. Symptoms can be triggered by many things and, unfortunately, can vary so considerably between individuals that it can be very difficult to identify the exact cause.
Main causes of Rosacea
Environmental Factors - Hot weather, humidity, extreme cold or harsh winds can exaggerate the condition.
Dietary Causes -
Alcohol - A recent study showed alcohol consumption increases the chance of developing Rosacea
Certain foods - Spicy food, dairy, or even citrus may also make things worse
Food additives - MSG, Sulphites, and preservatives may exaggerate symptoms
Stress - Stress can be a major factor in a number of skin conditions and is considered a major cause of Rosacea. Anything which places undue pressure on you can be considered stress, and may impact your skin.
Sun Exposure - Skin prone to Rosacea is not happy in the sun. Sun, and exposure to UVA and UVB rays can make the condition far worse.
Fragrances and perfumes - Scent can increase redness and irritation. Artificial scent is a prime cause but some natural scents and essential oils can be a causal factor too.
Physical exercise - Extreme physical exercise can exaggerate and prolongue symptoms of Rosacea.
What can we suggest to help relieve the symptoms, and hopefully make you stop feeling like you have to hide away? Here are our top ten tips:
- Protect your skin from damaging UV rays. UV rays are the number one cause of Rosacea flare ups. Use a broad spectrum good quality facial SPF (have you tried ours) all year round. In high summer use a hat and stay out of direct sunlight.
- Keep a food diary. Diet can have a huge impact on Rosacea. Whilst it is not the only cause, controlling the intake of the foods which are thought to lead to flare ups can help keep redness under control. Common triggers are spicy food, alcohol, and caffeine but each person will have unique triggers they should avoid. Keep a food diary and note the appearance of your skin each day, or consider intolerance testing, which may identify foods you should avoid.
- Consider the environment around you. Extremes of temperature and pollution can aggravate Rosacea. Hot weather, cold winds, high humidity, and urban pollution can all be problematic. Keep cool, avoid steam, wrap up against cold winds, and protect from pollution.
- Manage stress levels. Stress is known to exaggerate skin concerns. Use stress management strategies and take care of your whole self. Sleep, eat well, exercise, and consider including meditation or breathing exercises in your daily routine. All will help.
- Keep well. Being unwell can show on your skin. Fever, coughs and colds, high blood pressure, and serious illness can cause Rosacea flare ups. Occasionally long term medication can affect the sensitivity of your skin. If you take medication and suffer from redness discuss it with your GP and explore alternatives. Consider taking multivitamins to keep well especially those with vitamin C and Zinc.
- Wash your make up brushes. In an independent survey of 1000 people 44% said they had never cleaned their make up brushes! Several studies have shown that make up brushes can be contaminated with dangerously high levels of bacteria, and in some cases carried more bacteria than was found on a loo brush! Clean those brushes to prevent skin irritations and redness flare ups.
- Go make up free. Consider having a break from make up and see if your redness comes down. Some ingredients in cosmetics can cause irritation. If you have a break from make up and your skin improves reintroduce your products one by one to see which ones cause a flare up. You may be able to identify key ingredients to avoid.
- Avoid scent. Scent can be a major cause of skin irritation. Stop using perfumes and avoid facial, body, and bath products that are highly scented. Even some essential oils can be irritating to the skin.
- Alter your exercise routine. Exercise is reported by many Rosacea sufferers as a cause of flare ups. But don’t stop exercising! It is essential to your stress management and overall wellbeing. Instead alter the way you exercise. Consider short blasts of high intensity work outs rather than prolonged sessions. Avoid working out in a stuffy hot room, but instead make sure the gym is well ventilated and ideally air conditioned. Try using a beauty mist to keep cool during classes. Try swimming. AND always keep hydrated. It is essential to keep your water consumption up.
- Skincare. Products can help, but choose carefully. Use products which are free from known irritants. Avoid highly scented products and make sure you select those suited to sensitive skins. Keep your routine simple – “less is more” – and do not chop and change your products or over stimulate your skin. When applying products be gentle. Do not rub your face, or use harsh exfoliators or scrubs, and when cleansing with water avoid extremes of temperature - use hand warm water and a soft cloth. Resist the temptation to wash you face when in a power shower. The strong jets can cause sensitivity and redness to flare. Seek advice as to the best products for you. Our soothing Anti-Redness Serum contains a botanical complex clinically proven to calm and protect sensitive, and regularly receives 5 star reviews, you can find our more about it on our website and shop all products to help with redness here.
Controlling Rosacea involves looking at all aspects of your lifestyle. Follow these tips to help keep your skin calm. Don’t be disheartened or allow it to upset you. You are not alone. In fact, you are in good company with film stars, princes, and presidents reportedly suffering too. Friend of the ARK brand Lisa Faulkner recently discussed her battles with the condition and luckily had some success with the ARK Anti redness serum which you can see more about here.
* * * * *
When we are stressed Cortisol is released by the body. We have discussed Cortisol before as it can have very negative effects on skin causing skin sensitivities, break outs, and irritations. Cortisol is released as part of our fight or flight defence mechanism. It is not all bad as in small doses it prepares us for action. However, large or prolonged doses can have a number of negative effects on our health. Unfortunately, as we age, the amount of Cortisol we release increases, and it takes longer for this potentially damaging hormone to return to normal levels, meaning we are exposed to it for longer, and negative side effects may be seen.
The first step to managing stress, and reducing cortisol, is to acknowledge it. We can not adopt coping mechanisms unless we acknowledge what is adversely affecting us. There are a number of signs which can help us identify if we are chronically stressed. Poor memory, lack of concentration, only seeing negatives, as well as irritability, anxiety or a change in eating patterns can all be symptoms. Take the time this month to assess situations which may be affecting you and then find ways to cope with them.
Coping mechanisms can help us overcome chronic stress. Coping can be achieved by changing the situation you find yourself in, or by changing your reaction to the situation. There are a lot of well documented ways to cope. The key is to find what is right for you.
Top tips which have helped some of the ARK Skincare team:
Laugh - studies have shown laughter can reduce the stress hormone Cortisol. Find something which makes you laugh and do it more!
Exercise - symptoms of stress can be reduced by including physical exercise in your weekly routine. Just twenty minutes a week can have a positive effect on mental wellbeing according to this study
Unplug - modern technology can seriously increase the amount of demands placed upon us. Take time to "unplug", turn off devices, and slow down.
Be mindful - take time to bring your complete attention to the present moment. There are plenty of techniques, find out more here
Massage - Studies have found that regular massage can reduce stress and improve sleep patterns. There are many different kinds. Find a therapist here
In summary it is key to remember to accept that stress is unavoidable. You can take steps to reduce your stress and learn how to cope with it, but you will never be completely rid of stress. Stress serves a purpose as a healthy response to overwhelming situations or perceived threats, and it can be dealt with in an equally healthy fashion. Remembering this is, in itself, a good coping strategy.
So what does it mean to be Vegan? Vegans choose to stop eating all animal based foods, but also to adopt a lifestyle free from any animal derivatives. This isn't just giving up wearing leather shoes, it includes beauty products too. Did you know many cosmetics and skincare ranges contain animal by-products such as honey, beeswax, lanolin, animal fats, and gelatine. Vegans need to look for plant based skincare which is free from animal derived ingredients, and of course, to only use products which have never been tested on animals. Even if not following a vegan lifestyle, some may wish to choose such products as they can often be beneficial for those with sensitive, allergy prone, or easily irritated skin.
ARK Skincare's entire facial skincare line is suitable for vegans. If you wish to learn more about this please visit our website or give us a call. We would love to help you with your specific requirements which reflect your lifestyle choices.
Pixiwoo's latest Blog Post is all about our Massaging Body Brush and Body Beautiful Conditioning Oil. They provide top tips on how to use the products and explains why they're a must have to your beauty regime.
"The body beautiful conditioning oil smells like a spa, it’s amazing and instantly promotes a sense of calm and relaxation. It’s multi purpose and can be used as a moisturiser all over the body, as a massage oil or on the tips of your hair to treat fly away or split ends."
Order Our Massaging Body Brush and Conditioning Oil now:
* * *
Check out AlbertineSarah Blog and read the full article at;
We're delighted to see our Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover featuring in Elle.com's article about double cleansing. Ellle.com says:
A quick once over with micellar water simply won't cut it. This is why you need to jump on board the double cleansing bandwagon.
A quick go with a face wipe will do nothing to properly dislodge foundation and pollution particles, and if all of that is left on your skin overnight, you aren't giving your skin cells the best chance at regenerating which means no plump, youthful complexion for you.
And ARK's Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover was given a glowing review:
Not even waterproof mascara will win against ARK's clever Pre-Cleanse. Omega 3,6 and 9 melt make-up without stripping the skin, while grape seed and avocado oil lend and intense hit of nourishment.
Shop now: ARKPreCleanserMakeupRemover
We are excited to announce the opening of ARK's first Skincare Boutique.
Visit us and view our whole product range and receive expert advice in a beautiful, tranquil environment.
We offer a free skin prescription service, we will talk you though the range and identify which products will help you the most, with no obligation to buy.
You'll find us at the top the the High Street - ARK Skincare, 14a High Street, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2JE.
- Best Skincare for over 45s
- Best Skincare for over 50s
- Best Skincare product for over 50s - Age Defy Nourishing Moisturiser
- Best All in one cleanser - Pre Cleanse & Make-up Remover
- Best Primer - Skin Protector SPF 30 Primer
- 2017 Editor's Choice Awards - Age Defy Nourishing Moisturiser AND Regenerating Skin Defence
Believing that we can have beautiful skin at every age, we were delighted to hear that Ark Skincare has recently announced a total of five wins at the prestigious 2016 Beauty Shortlist Awards. This British Skincare brand treats the skin by age and concerns, using active natural ingredients. By doing this, it ensures a highly effective personalised skin treatment for each and every individual. Suitable for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin, Ark Skincare tackle everything from breakouts and redness to pigmentation and dullness, so it was no surprise to hear that the brand had scooped up so many awards…
The best-selling Age Defend range wowed the judges for its brilliance at maintaining beautiful skin in your 40’s. Bursting with Blue Lotus, Kiwi and Passion Fruit lipids, this range provides vital nutrients and greater antioxidant protection for the 30s and 40s. Alongside its ability to boost the skin’s collagen production, it also minimises any redness, leaving you with a calm and supple complexion!
Ark Skincare’s age defy range was a firm favourite with the judges with its ability to support skin 50+, with the most innovative skin brightening and firming ingredients including Vitamin A, Red Algae and Starflower. Not only will this range deeply quench, firm and brighten the skin’s radiance, it’ll also leave your complexion toned and super radiant!
Chosen as the number one product on the market for 35+ skin, Ark’s Age Defend Replenishing Moisturiser contains Co-enzyme Q10 and is packed with a whole host of natural moisturising agents including Shea Butter and Olive Oil. Smooth out wrinkles, plump and tone the skin, and help diminish signs of premature ageing.
With 97% of 100 women revealing that they would prefer to use the Age Defy Moisturiser over their usual moisturiser, the judges were equally as impressed and awarded the Age Defy Nourishing Moisturiser as the Best Day Moisturiser for women aged 50+. This powerful anti-ageing moisturiser helps combat the signs of hormone loss such dullness, dryness, uneven skin tone and loss of elasticity. This moisturiser also provides the perfect base for make-up!
Loved by beauty addicts across the globe, including beauty blogger and brand ambassador Susie Amy – the Hydration Injection Masque is the perfect weekly pick me up! This intensive multivitamin hydration injection masque provides the ultimate hydration that our skin craves. After just one use, skin looks rested, restored and with a radiant glow!
ARK Skincare, a brand that's loved by many BIG publications, such as Tatler, Glamour and Elle Magazine. ARK are a British Skincare brand that treats skin by age and concern, which provides a personalised skin treatment that fits each person perfectly.
ARK'S AGE PROTECT SKIN CLEAR CLEANSER
ARK'S AGEPROTECT SKIN VITALITY MOISTURISER
ARK's skin vitality moisturiser is a highly hydrating and replenishing face cream that is formulated for people age between their teenage years and late 20s. This antioxidant rich moisturiser protects skin from the urban environment whilst ensuring your skin looks vibrant, clear, youthful and bright. I will apply this rejuvenating moisturiser once I have cleansed using ARK's age protect skin clear cleanser and patted my face dry. My skin has felt incredible since using this moisturiser, it feels replenished, rejuvenated, revived and most importantly, blemish protected.
ARK'S SKINPERFECTOR CLEARING SERUM
ARK's skinperfector clearing serum is a luxurious and opulent aid to the skin, that banishes bacteria and refines your pores to treat any breakouts before they, well, breakout. This serum is great for oily skin, which is why I chose it. My skin is slightly oily sometimes, which means my skin isn't fully hydrated, but this serum hydrates my skin, stops the oily zones from becoming oilier and prevents my skin from drying out. I use this after I have moisturised with my ARK facial cream, or I will add one or two drops of the serum into the moisturiser. Their clearing serum is formulated for all ages, which is what makes this a good versatile product.
Overall I think that ARK's skincare products are absolutely incredible. Not only has my skin improved dramatically, but it hasn't changed for the worst. I can sometimes get spots from changing my skincare products, but not with ARK. ARK's products are natural and beautiful and oh my, I just really love them. I cannot recommend ARK enough! No matter what your age, there is a range for you. Whether you're in your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s or over - ARK can and WILL cater for your skins' every need!